Every time something new rolls out, people start to explain why it sucks! But in reality the impact is completely opposite. I saw blogs that say why +1 from google is a bad idea and it can never compare to facebook like.
I agree that facebook “like” is a long established one and nothing can take it’s place, but we don’t have to replace anything, there is room for a new one. Instead of thinking whether it is worth it or not, it’s time for you to take action and add the +1 button on your website. There are many wordpress plugins have come that will allow you to have all your favorite social buttons and also the new +1 button.
One plugin that we are using is 1 click retweet/share/like button. If you are running a wordpress blog, then try this tutorial from Mashable >> Add +1 button on your wordpress blog.
My common sense says that google +1 is a great addition to your website. People would love to use the new tool and share your site. Most of us already have gmail, that means we do exist on google profiles. One share will also help your pages to have positive impact on search engines.
On the other hand google has started to change so many things on their search algorithm. A video I saw on SEOmoz explains it all. The new algorithm (called Google Panda) will favor websites that are built for better human experiences. Such as if you build website that are better reading, has images, people like to stay for longer will go up on the site. So this means junk websites will go down. Watch it right here,
Hey! We launched our website, H-E-L-L-O W-O-R-L-D!! Welcome to Seven-Branding.
It’s 22nd June and we launched our website, there is a reason behind why we selected this date, it’s the birthday of SEVEN’s co-founder Hac, Happy Birthday! What a great way to make this day even more special. Thank you very much for coming, thank you for making the launch a success. We are looking forward to deliver great things for the community; to have a great friendship and a business relationship for years.
Feel free to browse the site, and if you like the “Blog” then please sign up for free email updates on the right, it’s worth it. Leave a comment on this post and share what’s in your mind. And let us stay in touch!
Grab yourself some virtual drinks! Feel free to share your well wishes
- God -Thank you for everything
- Mark -Thank you for helping us with the copywriting & guidance
- Eric -Thank you for the SEO help
- Catherine -For you, SevenBranding logo is blue, Thank you!
- Barbara -Thank you for the motivation
- Rick, Scott -Thank you for the kind words in the video
- Rafiq, Chris, Anthony, Jimmy, Nick, Chung & Ray -Thanks a lot for taking the poll
- Prakash -Thank you for the intro video
- Kristi -Thank you for the ipad drawing
- Hac -Thank you for the welcome video (where Tamal speaks on the front page)
- People from facebook, twitter, youtube and others -thanks for connecting
- Tamal -Thank you for creating SevenBranding